COLLEGE ATHLETICSINDIANAPOLIS -- A woman who says she was raped by college football players nearly 20 years ago is asking the NCAA to ban sexually violent athletes.Brenda Tracy and her son will present a petition to the NCAAs Board of Governors at its meeting Wednesday in Indianapolis. Current guidelines generally allow schools or conferences to hand down such punishments.Tracys son Darius says he started the petition after hearing about multiple sexual assault allegations involving Baylor football players. The petition contains more than 157,000 signatures.Its unclear when -- or if -- the NCAA committee will take action. It already has already met once with the family as it debates how to address sexual violence on campus.Brenda Tracy says she was raped by four men, including two Oregon State football players, in 1998. The Associated Press generally doesnt identify people who say they were sexually assaulted, but Tracy has spoken publicly to draw attention to her situation.RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina is challenging the NCAAs jurisdiction to pursue charges in the schools long-running academic fraud scandal and is holding off on self-imposed penalties.The school publicly released its response to five potentially top-level NCAA charges, which include lack of institutional control. UNC acknowledged problems tied to irregular courses in a department popular with athletes but also available to non-athletes on the Chapel Hill campus, though it argued that its accreditation agency -- not the NCAA -- was the proper authority to handle such a matter.That agency, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, sanctioned the school with a year of probation that expired in June.UNC made several procedural arguments before responding to each charge outlined in a Notice of Allegations (NOA) sent in April. Its response is a procedural step that will eventually lead to a hearing followed by a ruling in a case likely to push into 2017.The NCAA enforcement staff now has 60 days to respond.WACO, Texas -- Baylor assistant football coaches will be off limits to the media this fall, a change that comes in the wake of a scandal that led to the departure of coach Art Briles while his staff remained intact.An advisory sent about football availability this season included a note that acting head coach Jim Grobe will be the only member of the coaching staff who will address the media.While many schools already restrict media access to assistant coaches, Baylor assistants in the past were routinely available when requested.None of the assistants has spoken publicly since Briles was immediately suspended with the release a scathing report on May 26, a month before he mutually agreed on his departure with the school.All of his assistants remain at Baylor despite the report that concluded multiple football coaches acted inappropriately in handling sexual assault allegations against some players. The report didnt say when those occurred and didnt list any names.OLYMPICSRIO DE JANEIRO -- Two-time major champion Stan Wawrinka pulled out of the Olympics because of injury, leaving the Rio Games without half of the men ranked in the ATPs top 10.A statement issued by Wawrinkas management company said he felt increasing pain during the Rogers Cup in Toronto last week and was told by his doctor after an MRI exam to reduce his physical activity for an undetermined period.The statement does not say where Wawrinka is injured. He lost in the semifinals in Toronto.Wawrinka, who is No. 4 this week, joins his Swiss teammate Roger Federer, who is No. 3, along with No. 7 Milos Raonic of Canada, No. 8 Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic and No. 10 Dominic Thiem of Austria in withdrawing from the Rio de Janeiro Olympics for a variety of reasons.BASEBALLDENVER -- Yasiel Puigs up-and-down career took another turn when the Los Angeles Dodgers sent the outfielder to the minors a day after they couldnt move him before the non-waiver trade deadline.The Dodgers also optioned pitcher Ross Stripling to Triple-A Oklahoma City to make room for their new additions, outfielder Josh Reddick and reliever Jesse Chavez.Los Angeles told Puig not to come to Dodger Stadium on Monday ahead of the teams trip to Colorado for a series against the Rockies. Puig complied, and now he has 72 hours to report to the minors.Puig was an All-Star in 2014 after a meteoric rise with the Dodgers, who signed the Cuban prospect to a $42 million, seven-year contract in June 2012. He hit 35 homers and drove in 111 runs while batting .305 from 2013-14, but slipped to .255 last season while playing in just 79 games due to hamstring troubles.PRO HOCKEYBUFFALO, N.Y. -- A 21-year-old Buffalo woman has sued Sabres forward Evander Kane, saying he seriously injured her in the hotel room where he lives.Documents filed July 1 in Erie County State Supreme Court on behalf of Rachel Kuechle say Kane met her in a bar, invited her to what he said was a party and then attacked her, causing cuts and bleeding that required multiple surgeries. Without providing details of how she was injured, her lawyers said Kuechle suffered serious emotional trauma and serious, permanent and painful personal injuries.Kanes actions are described as unwanted, unconsented to, violent and offensive in nature physical battery, according to court papers.No monetary damages were specified in the lawsuit. A message left for Kuechles lawyer wasnt immediately returned. Fake Phillies Jerseys . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Stitched Phillies Jerseys . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. https://www.cheapphilliesjerseys.us/ . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. Phillies Jerseys 2020 . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Phillies Jerseys China . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. New Zealand coach Mike Hesson has said that wicketkeeper-batsman Luke Ronchi could be one of the contenders for a place in the Test XI as the side looks for an opening batsman who can combat spin on the tour of India.Hesson said that New Zealands regular opening pair of Martin Guptill and Tom Latham were likely for the first Test in Kanpur, from September 22, but Ronchi was a back-up option. Ronchi has played only one Test so far - against England at Headingley last year.Its not your traditional New Zealand opener that you require over there; you need guys who can score against spin, find ways to rotate the strike and keep the game moving, Hesson was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz. It does [bring Ronchi into the mix]. Lukes there as a back-up batsman as well as a back-up keeper. His ability against spin certainly makes him an option.Hesson said the selection of the line-up would be influenced by the likelihood of spinners, particularly R Ashwin, opening the bowling for India or being brought into the attack early on.Seamers if anything might bowl two-three overs up front and its more likely theyre going to have spin at one end to start with if theyre going to play three of them, he said. And if youve got two left-handers against Ashwin at the top its going to be a big challenge for us. We have to assess conditions and pick what we think is the right mix.Hesson also stated that New Zealand could consider three spinners if the Kanpur pitch looks dry. If implemented, the three-spinner strategy will see offspinner Mark Craigs return to the New Zealand side. Craig has played only one of New Zealands six Tests this year - against Australia in Wellington - but Hesson felt the offspinner had come back well from the 2015-16 season where he took 10 wickets in four Tests at an average of 66.60.Between them, Craig, Ish Sodhi and Santner have played only 34 Tests but Hesson said that all three had evolved well. Sodhi and Santner had an impressive run during the World T20 in India earlier this year, leading the wicket charts for New Zealand with 10 dismissals each.Theyre a young spin-bowling group. Probably Ish and Mitch have found white-ball cricket a little easier than Test cricket, Hesson said. Theyre both evolving nicely and its about giving them opportunity.Ive been really pleased with the way Mark Craaig has come back from last season.dddddddddddd Hes made a few changes technically and the ball seems to be coming out really nicely.One worry for New Zealand is Guptills form in 2016. In the home series against Australia, he scored 81 runs in four innings at 20.25, while his record in South Africa was worse - 15 runs in three innings. His only Test fifty in six matches this year came against Zimbabwe. In India, Guptill has scored 187 runs in four Tests at an average of 23.37 with two fifties. Hesson encouraged Guptill to play the natural, attacking game that has brought him success in limited-overs cricket.That message has been out there a long time, Hesson said. Its important for Martin that we can see that out on the field and he can transfer what hes been training onto the park. I know hes working hard at it.Guptill too admitted he needed to show more intent in Test cricket. In an interview to radiolive.co.nz, he said: Test cricket is the pinnacle and it means everything to me to play. Ive had a bit of a survival mode about the way I play Test cricket but the intent needs to be there about scoring runs so I just need to go out there and have the intent to score runs in my batting.Allrounder Jimmy Neesham will be another important player as New Zealand look to balance their attack on spin-friendly pitches. Neeshams previous international appearance was the Brisbane Test against Australia, and he was ruled out of subsequent matches due to a back injury. Having made his return to the Test squad, Neesham is confident he can cope with the workload of the five-day format.Weve gone about things a little different this time, been more thorough and hopefully that will give the chance of a successful comeback, Neesham said. I feel a lot fresher now, both while batting and with my bowling.Ive been able to get my loads up now to a level where I should be able to get through Test cricket. The proof will be in the pudding, but Im confident.New Zealand will play a three-day tour match against Mumbai in Delhi between September 16 and 18, before the first Test in Kanpur. The second and third Tests will be played in Kolkata and Indore from September 30 and October 8 respectively. ' ' '